Prev: Re: HOBBY PRODUCTS SF Next: Re: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms

Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:33:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long)

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 06:54:14PM +0100, Charles Taylor wrote:
>Customisable Fighters

[snip interesting stuff]

Looks good, but I have one big problem with this: you're ignoring
multiplicative effects. Looking at it in terms of combinations of the
classic fighter types, having one Fast group and one Attack group will
be worth less than having one Standard group and one Fast Attack group,
because the Fast Attack group is a more effective weapon - it can get
more firepower to where it's needed more quickly.

I'd be inclined to cost custom fighters on the basis of
(firepower cost) x (movement+endurance+defence cost), with appropriate
factors to keep the numbers reasonable.

Cheers,

Roger (gradually catching up on the list after having been away for five

Prev: Re: HOBBY PRODUCTS SF Next: Re: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms