Prev: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: RE: INDEPENDENCE DAY

RE: RE: QUESTION FOR OERJAN

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:42:30 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: QUESTION FOR OERJAN

Beth said:
>not all us are as quick on the uptake as
>Laserlight, who (being a salesman) knows
>how to figure out what you really
>want even if you didn't say it ;)

<g> thanks--but my job actually involves figuring out that you really
need A when you don't actually know what you want, but you talked to
some consultant so you're parroting that you want B.

NSTRH: Phone rings at 4:45pm--
Client: "I'm Pat from Thus-and-such Company, I 'm going to a board
meeting and I need to know how much it will cost to translate our
website into five languages"
Me: "Great!  How many words on your website?"
Client: "Uh...."
Me: "Okay, we'll come back to that.  What languages do you want?"
Client: "Uh..."
Me: "....okay, we'll come back to that.  What day is your board
meeting?"
Client: "Starts in five minutes.  Three minutes, actually."
Me: "Grrrrreat.  Okay.	(glances at website table of contents) Call it
$95,000 per language and Pat, don't *ever* tell anybody that you got
that number from me."

Prev: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: RE: INDEPENDENCE DAY