Prev: QUESTION FOR OERJAN Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:11:02 -0700
Subject: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

The trick lies in making sure everyone gets your references. Oerjan
isn't American and should be expected (if not encouraged) to miss some
cultural references made by Americans. And vice versa. The UK and
Commonwealth folks on this list give me a smattering of 'local' slang
and dialect that has proved endearing more often than embarassing when
dealing with visitors to the US.

For example, on the off chance, someone hasn't seen the Fighting
Seabees, they might get the idea and they might not. What's a Seabee and

how does that relate to the bulldozer ? Maybe they don't know who
JohnWayne is. It's possible on the Internet.

In your local gaming group, with people you know, it's a LOT easier to
use references given the common background. But everybody ain't from
these here parts.