Prev: RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms Next: RE: [SG] conversion for WWs

Re: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:25:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

> (see attached post)

<grin>	*now* we get to fuss at you for sending an attachment to the
list, which is a no-no--it causes problems for people who get the
digest, among others.

> LASERLIGHT figured it out without even breaking a sweat, so EVERYONE
is
> not in the dark.

<grin>
a)  I'm a non-player character, I don't count.
b) Also I have had the book you refer to for some years.  I can't
imagine how anyone could spend the amount of time that they did--and
it's not like I Have A Life, 'cause I don't.  I'd just generate
numbers for  Smart/Experienced, Determined, and Moral--maybe 2d6 or
something like that, and adjust as needed to make an interesting
picture.  But never let die rolls stand in the way of scre^h^h^h
making life interesting for your players.

   Why is this on topic?  Well, there's quite a tendency to throw
those little pieces of lead out there and have them stand to the last
man, then crawl forward on one knee and one elbow, bayonets between
teeth as they drag themselves to a final attack.  However, once you
name those little bits of lead, you get a lot more reluctant to regard
them as expendable.  "First platoon, Dingo Company.  The Euries are
swarming forward, Lieutenant Johnson is down, the medic thinks he
might be able to save Sergeant Barclay if we can get a dustoff in one
five minutes, and that puddle you're standing in is what's left of
Bell, so what do we do now, Sarge?" is a lot more evocative than "roll
for your next platoon leader."

  And of course, the next step after FMA Skirmish is FMA:The Role
Playing Game.

Prev: RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms Next: RE: [SG] conversion for WWs