Prev: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk Next: RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms

Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY

From: "Neil" <rppl@p...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:17:15 -0700
Subject: Re: WARNING - ON TOPIC - INDEPENDANCE DAY

> AND who eeps the Iraqis from over runing tese forward US "trip wire"
> units and  forward deployment stashes in SA and Kuwait?
>
> somehow i do not see either  SA or Kuwaitis holding the  Iraqis off
with
> no first  world help on the  way, and aliens to give the Iraqis extra
> OOMPH!
>
> sooo, write off those "tripwire units" and forward pre-deployed arms,
> ammo, vehicles, and other  stuff.
>
> also the  real world militaries  are gonna  be real busy dealing with
> aliens in Cuba and other places (Balkans, anyone? can you say
Chechnya?)
> closer to home.
>
> so you will have the Gulf states. India, Pakistan, and  maybe Turkey
> dealing with Iraq , Iran, and Afghanistan!
>
> Israel will be up to its  ass in traditional	enemies, possibly with
> aliens  helping Syrians, some Lebanese, the  PLO. maybe Jordan, and
> Egypt.
>
> i think you have set the  stage for  multiple mushroom clouds forming
> over a number of anti-social states in the  third  world  since
> basically this is a fight for the survival of the human race	 against
> traitors and aliens. . . .
>
> DAWGIE

You are probably right about the mushroom clouds but in my scenarios I
would use a plot device or PSB to negate the nuclear threat. Something
along the lilnes of nuclear dampers like traveller or maybe an alien
threat
to use a planet killer device if  threatened with nuclear extinction.

This would give interesting SG scenarios Destroy the planet killer,
Knock
out the damper so we can nuke their power core etc. I like the idea of
some
Tac nukes still available but not being sure if they will work.

Prev: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk Next: RE: [FT] Weapon Mechanisms