Prev: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk

RE: SG Great War (or the War To End All Wars... Almost)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:05:49 +1000
Subject: RE: SG Great War (or the War To End All Wars... Almost)

On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:43 AM, Tomb [SMTP:tomb@dreammechanics.com]
wrote:
> sapper armour is D8 probably. Much artillery and supply was horse
drawn.
> Mishaps in mud can swallow soldiers whole. No night vision gear except
> Starshells. Artillery, though not as accurate, is probably reasonably
> effective. Smoke really does obscure as no one can see through it.
> Casualty rolls should be at -1 just due to awful conditions. A medic
can
> only offset the conditions.... :(  (Waltzing Matilda.... Waltzing
> Matilda...)
I can probably get hold of Furphy watercarts next time I visit my
parents.
The factory is just down the road, and I'm sure they'd have a supply of
models in the office there.

> Versus Modern: No comms will get through for the low-techs. Period. In
> fact, fake orders can probably be easily substituted/created.
Depends on the comms method.  If it's physical land-lines laid out
between
fixed defensive positions, I'd still allow a comms roll (it's not direct
comms though) unless the enemy managed to cut the lines.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[sstrike] Raider Fleet of War Leader Kel'em'all

Prev: RE: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk