Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: [SG] IF TO

[SG] conversion for WWs

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 09:53:00 +1000
Subject: [SG] conversion for WWs

G'day,

I intend on mainly using my Dad's Army figs for FMA <they can be the
homeguard of the community which grew from the mining facility known as
"Walmington on C" ;)> but I do have enough for a small SG force. This
got me
to wondering about the WWI and WWI conversions of SG that have been
mentioned before. Anyone got a url a quick search via google didn't help
too
much.

Do bolt action rifles count as Low-Tech Assault Rifles or are they
poorer
still? And the tommy guns are they OK to be treated just as SAWs? I
guess
it'd be OK if both sides were using WWIIish troops, but what if I'm to
spring them on Derek's NSL Panzergren's?

Going further back and thinking of WWI has anyone tried it in SG and if
so
how do you represent the "mad minute"?

Briefly stepping into DS land too... I've always thought of DS as a
primarily vehicle based thing and we haven't seen oodles of infantry
used
regularly here. If you shift to a primarily infantry based force (just
as a
bit of a change) are there any changes you'd suggest? I've a couple
ideas
that need some more thinking through, but someone else may have already
done
that for me ;)

Thanks

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: [SG] IF TO