Prev: RE: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases

Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:02:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases

At 07:53 PM 6/2/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Quite possible, though that is perhaps just the most visible recent
case.
>Other nasty examples are the hot-rod US Navy pilot who brought down a
fully
>occupied ski lift in Italy, or the US kids (not soldiers, but from
soldier
>families) who thought it was fun to throw concrete blocks on passing
cars on
>the Autobahn.

I remember that from whilst I lived in Bayreuth just over a year ago.

Mind, Bayreuth isn't far from the largest US base in Europe. Many is the

time you'd go to work, hear a dull boom, and look up for the thunder
clouds
before realising it was artillery practise time in Grafenwohr.

John S.

---

Prev: RE: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases