Prev: [OT] Help Next: Re: AMERICANS

Re: [SG] Hostages

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:26:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Hostages

> People like FMA are why the rest of us can maintain peaceful ideals.
> What's the line about a few rough men defending our peaceful slumber ?

The problem with men like Atkinson is that they can get us into as much
trouble as the can get us out of.

> We have a lot of momentum to be the dominant world culture, but the
> Chinese and Indians will be heard from before we're done. The war(s)
> against Iraq and all might be test runs to develop the techniques
we'll
> need against the Chinese. Any flight of B-2's from bases in the US
could
> cripple or eliminate China's nuclear deterrent and then their air
> defense network. After that it's just a question of how much we want
> spend on ordnance to drop on Chinese targets.  What are they going to
do
> attack through North Korea and engage our forces on the DMZ ?

You are assuming the Chinesse or going to take us on in manor that best
suits us, like that idiot Saddam Hussien.  That is a very dangerous
assumption to make.  They are doing a lot of R&D in low tech
anti-satelite
systems (aka gravel bombs), that suit there their launch vehicles.
Think of
the choas if half the satelites in orbit (including GPS, NAVSTAR,
IMARSAT,
etc.) were destroyed and the remainder damaged to varing degrees.  A lot
of
the U.S. civiliain distribution network relies on satelite
communications,
and most grocery stores only have a 3 day supply of food on hand.  Don't
worry, the Chinesse can do much worse then just gravel bombs if they
want
to...

Atkinson and all of his bravodo gives a very false sense of security and
over confidence.

ias

Prev: [OT] Help Next: Re: AMERICANS