Prev: Re: 25mm adventurers Next: Re: Whining from foreigners.

Playing both sides (was: Re: The same old shit!!!)

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:40:44 -0400
Subject: Playing both sides (was: Re: The same old shit!!!)

[snip]

>I am in no way agreeing with all of Mr. Atkinson's somewhat jingoistic
>viewpoints in making these statements.  But it's a simple statement of
fact
>that Allied victory in either World War with no American help in both
supply
>and industrial power was far from a foregone conclusion and most
probably
>wouldn't have happened at all.  Claiming otherwise, as I said, simply
isn't
>dealing with reality.

>(aka Stilt Man)

Well put.

I would like to add, that had the US been a neutral party, being who we
are, we would have sold arms and materials to _both_ sides.  (I won't
comment on the intelligence, ethics, or morals, or more specifically the

lack that this entails) Just imagine how much longer and bloodier things

would have been.

To bring this remotely back to a semblance of topic, Axis and Allies,
though beer and pretzels, has some potential for a lot of interesting
fun
given the above premise.

Now, to hopefully drag this fully back on topic...  Kicking and
screaming,
drawing large amounts of blood along the way...
This is how I've read the canon on how the Vasku should be played, and
how
they're played by at least one of our group...	Although instead of
supplies, they actually take part in the fights themselves.  Anyone else

play them that way?  I'm curious as to how others see them.

Rand.

Prev: Re: 25mm adventurers Next: Re: Whining from foreigners.