Prev: RE: RE: Re: Quotes Next: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas

Re: [FH] americas [Thread Warning]

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:37:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [FH] americas [Thread Warning]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> Karl Heinz suggested
> > Some other ideas:
> > - tax-lowering policies leave the educational system starved of
> funds.
>
> This part I don't think is likely--every politico here beats the drum
> for "more money for better education".    Not to say the US won't
> become non-competitive for other reasons, nor that our education
> system is worth a fraction of the money we pour into it.

"Beating the drum for something" is not quite the same as effective
action -
especially in politics. Plus, for example, religious fundamentalists
could
interfere with education in a number of spheres - biology and genetic
engineering come to mind.

The ideas were not meant to be single events/causes that, alone,  would
cause the US to unravel, but rather ideas for problems that, in
combination,
would lead to a vicious circle.

Greetings

Prev: RE: RE: Re: Quotes Next: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas