Prev: War of 1812 - American Victory? Next: [DS2] Tank Pictures

Re: [FH] americas [Thread Warning]

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:22:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [FH] americas [Thread Warning]

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
> > The downfall of the US as portrayed in the GZG canon
> > history was  discussed at some length at the end of
> > last year...
>
> I was hoping for a reasoned discussion actually as I don't think the
ones
of
> last year ended up being that helpful. That's why I said if it upsets
you
> don't join in. I do honestly find it interesting to try and figure
what it
> would actually take, I'm not trying to stir $%^@. The response I'm
getting
> (so far) are actually the kind I'm after (much good info!), which is a
> credit to you all ;)

Some other ideas:
- tax-lowering policies leave the educational system starved of funds.
Coupled with general anti-teacher feelings this leads t oa broad decline
in
educational standards. This leads to a decline in the capacity to
develop
high-tech items and to loss of competitivity in world markets.
- Increased international economic tensions lead to a trade war between
the
US and the rest of the world. The rest of the world opt for free trade
among
each other wihle the US is isolated. American productivity and standards
of
living suffer.
- Continued Latino immigration leads to strong tension in the
Southwestern
US - basically the Free Cal-Tex area
- Terrorists or a rogue state detonate a nuke carried in a cargo plane
high
above the states. The resulting electro-magnetic pulse fries electronics
over a wide area and disrupts electric power supplies. Repairs take
longer
than anticipated
- A massive earthquake in California
- A serious chemical, nuclear or bio-engineering accident in a crucial
area
- Alaska decides to exploit its oil riches for itself and votes to
secede
from the Union.

Greetings

Prev: War of 1812 - American Victory? Next: [DS2] Tank Pictures