Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Whinging ( was Whining) from foreigners.

[FH] americas

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:21:38 +1000
Subject: [FH] americas

G'day

This is probably too touchy a subject to go poking at, but I've always
been
the kinda person to get curious and pick at stuff so I could figure it
out... sorry. If this is going to upset you please add it to your "skip
this
thread" file.

John asked:
>How?  We couldn't do it to ourselves.	The Germans
>couldn't do it and we gave them two shots.  The Japs
>couldn't do it.  The Chinese/NKPA couldn't do it.  The
>Vietnamese exceeded the US populace's threshold of
>pain and the Army ended up improving by several orders
>of magnitude.

This brings something to mind you may be able to help me with. A theatre
that I thought may be interesting to play out in the early GZGverse is
the
americas - as the upheavals there go about. I know many people do not
consider this aspect of the GZGverse plausible, but this could be a way
of
seeing how it could happen (i.e. play it out...). With this in mind,
what
extra circumstances do I need to put into the background to increase the
plausibility? Should I have an oil crisis, civil strife, natural
resource
problems or a series of destabilising attacks (from rogue bodies or
something)? My knowledge of social issues that can set the scene aren't
grand and I'd appreciate any help you could give me. I had been toying
with
an oceania campaign, but apart from clashes with the IC I didn't think
it'd
be as interesting in a "what-if" sense.

Thanks

Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Whinging ( was Whining) from foreigners.