Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Many things

Names and nationalities (was: something old and tired)

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:06:08 +0900
Subject: Names and nationalities (was: something old and tired)

Don't say "despite my name," please.

My grandfather invented my last name when he smuggled himself into the
US,
and never did tell anyone what it used to be (although probably
Lipschitz or
something on that line, considering he almost certainly came from Poland
and
was Jewish).

One nice thing about Lipsett and Szabo both is that they are as fine and
upstanding American names as any other fine and upstanding American
name:
Smith, Brown, Wheeler, Schmidt, de Masi, Gujurao, Tzembe, Kim, Nakamura,
Chin, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

on 02.5.31 0:01 PM, Imre A. Szabo at ias@sprintmail.com scribbleth:

--
I suggest that the only books which influence us are those for which we
are

Prev: Re: Many things Next: Re: Many things