Prev: RE: [SG] Painting, figs Next: RE: Zombie sources Re: No longer the same old shit!!!

Re: The same old shit!!!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The same old shit!!!

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:
> Cloaking lurker mode off...

Which never seems to happen on any other than an
American-bashing discussion. . .

> > Actually, their major malfunction lately was
> having a
> > Nazi place second in their presidential elections.
> > But I can overlook that as it is only second
> place.
>
> So how is this different from Louisana electing a
> Klu Klux Klan leader to
> their state government?

Umm. . . they didn't.

They let him run for governor, and in a two-party
race, elected a known criminal over him.

> Excuse me, but a lot of innocent blood shed in that
> war by both the
> colonials and the loyalists.	Have you ever heard of
> the term Taring and
> Feathering?  It was widely practiced by civilians of
> both factions in that
> war.

Tarring and Feathering is not lethal.

> How many homes of loyalist were burnt AFTER the war
> ended?

Well, consider that the typical British penalty for
treason was to confiscate the family's property AND
hang the principal involved.  Therefore simply burning
or stealing the property of "Loyalists" (who, since
the Declaration of July 4, 1776, were actually guilty
of treason against a nation of which they were
residents) is an few orders of magnitude more merciful
than the penalty they were attempting to inflict on
the neighbors who did the burning.

This happens in wartime.  It might have been better to
hold a proper trial and convict those persons of
treason, but then we'd have to hang them and you'd be
whining much louder.

> I have a great idea.	Let's bleed the U.S. as France
> was during the wars of
> Louis XIV, the French Revolutionary Wars, and the
> Wars of Napolean.  Then
> let's see how good the U.S. Army is a 100 years
> latter...

How?  We couldn't do it to ourselves.  The Germans
couldn't do it and we gave them two shots.  The Japs
couldn't do it.  The Chinese/NKPA couldn't do it.  The
Vietnamese exceeded the US populace's threshold of
pain and the Army ended up improving by several orders
of magnitude.

We learn from failure.	The French did not.

John

Prev: RE: [SG] Painting, figs Next: RE: Zombie sources Re: No longer the same old shit!!!