Prev: Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page. Next: You think you're kidding.

Re: Re: [OT] Invading America

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:34:25 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Invading America

----- Original Message -----
From: <laserlight@quixnet.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:48 PM

> >No one seems to have commented on my message about Puerto Rico. That
was
the
> >first focal point of German Naval Operation Plan III at the turn of
the
> >century. They even went so far as to consider towing coastal defence
hulks
> >across the ocean for use in holding Puerto Rico.
>
> How well would German troops have held up to the climate?  The
Caribbean
being known for malaria and so forth.  I know Germany had some troops in
Africa who might have been acclimated, but how many and how available?

Would depend seriously on the exact date. There were quite a number of
colonial campaigns at one time or another in the German colonies.

AFAIK, German health authorities were quite efficient, so appropiate
precautions would have been taken (issue of Chinine, distilling water
etc.).

Individual Germans generally seem to adapt well to warm climates.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [SG] NSL Jaeger page. Next: You think you're kidding.