Prev: Re: [OT] armor penatration - angle is important Next: Re: [OT] Invading America

Re: [OT] Invading America

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:43:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Invading America

On Thu, 30 May 2002 10:42:23 +0200 (CEST), KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
wrote:

>While we are on the subject, recently a historian checking German
>archives found plans drawn up for a German Invasion of America under
>Kaiser Wilhelm before the first World War

The US Navy had Naval Plan Black as a plan to deal with a naval war
against
Germany. The likelihood of war between Germany and the US on the high
seas, as
a war between two belligerants and not as part of a world war, was at
its
height at the turn of the 20th Century. As your post alluded to, Wilhelm
was
more aggressive in his earlier years. This would have put him right up
against
Teddy Roosevelt's "Great White Fleet". It does make for an interesting
set of
scenarios, starting with a German attempt to take Puerto Rico.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [OT] armor penatration - angle is important Next: Re: [OT] Invading America