Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: Re: Opinion - Respect

Re: The same old shit!!!

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:00:20 -0400
Subject: Re: The same old shit!!!

Cloaking lurker mode off...

> >  I returned to the list to take a peek at how things
> > are. Just the same I
> > see!!!
>
> Actually, just restarted the other day.
>
> > I really must congratulate John on his consistency.
> > I see, for him,  the
> > French are the arseholes of the world right now.
>
> Actually, their major malfunction lately was having a
> Nazi place second in their presidential elections.
> But I can overlook that as it is only second place.

So how is this different from Louisana electing a Klu Klux Klan leader
their state government?

> BTW
> > John .they may have
> > been a little lacking militarily recently but before
> > you blow them away
> > completely
>
> Actually, I've restricted my contempt for their
> military prowess to post-Napoleon.
>
> ask yourself just how free you would be
> > right now  if the US
> > "freedom fighters" (or were they terrorists..?=0)
>
> Considering that unlike the sides in most civil wars,
> we could actually tell the difference between
> uniformed combatants and unarmed women and children
> (See: Spanish Civil War, English Civil War, Assorted
> Irish Uprisings, Any Conflict involving 2 factions of
> Russians, etc.), that the Continental Congress openly
> declared their revolt, raised a field army, and kicked
> the ever-loving shit out of their enemies in open
> field battle, to include the first time a British
> General Officer had to surrender his entire command,
> the correct term would be "insurrecionists."

Excuse me, but a lot of innocent blood shed in that war by both the
colonials and the loyalists.  Have you ever heard of the term Taring and
Feathering?  It was widely practiced by civilians of both factions in
that
war.  How many homes of loyalist were burnt AFTER the war ended?  The
American Revolution was a vicious revolutionary war.  If it were not for
France being at the right place at the right time to end that mess, how
much
worse would it have been?

> > ?) had not been ably
> > assisted by the presence of a French army of
> > liberation and a not
> > insignificant French fleet pissing off the British
> > navy!!
>
> I'm at least as well aware of the intervention of a
> significant force of French marine infantry,
> deGrasse's humiliation of the Brit fleet at the Battle
> of the Chesapeake, and the personal contributions of a
> large number of private French citizens as you are.
> You see, I've been to Yorktown a couple or three times
> and lived about half my life within a reasonable
> distance thereof.
>
> HOWEVER, their singular contribution in the _18th_
> century has no bearing whatsoever on the dismal
> performance of their army in the 19th and 20th
> centuries, the stupidity of the French Government and
> People during the period 1870-1940, or the bombastic
> egotism of the French during any time period.

I have a great idea.  Let's bleed the U.S. as France was during the wars
of
Louis XIV, the French Revolutionary Wars, and the Wars of Napolean.
Then
let's see how good the U.S. Army is a 100 years latter...

Prev: Re: The same old shit!!! Next: Re: Re: Opinion - Respect