Prev: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER

Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 14:30:02 +1000
Subject: Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER

At 09:16  29/05/02 -0500, DAWGIE wrote:
>DEREK,
>
>DO NOT THE  VIEWS OF EX FRENCH MILITARY FOLKS COUNT ?
>
>HOW MANY OF YOUR COUSINS  HAVE BEEN IN THE FRENCH MILITARY SINCE THE
>60S,  AND HAVE SPOKEN THEIR  OPINION OF THE ARMED  FORCES COMMAND
>STRUCTURE?
>
>MINE HAVE. THEY ARE RATHER VOCAL  ABOUT IT AT TIMES.

Find me any military on the planet that hasn't had it's ups and downs?
There were one or two Australian Servicemen who hoped that the
Indonesians
over stepped the mark, not because they wanted to have a war, but
because
they wanted the public to realize that having a viable military means
actually paying for it.

>AND I KNOW WHAT I SAW IN THE 60S FIRST HAND.
>
>OOOPS!
>
>FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE  BUTTON!

No drama :)

>as for the unarmed civilian police, they lucked out.
>
>and should never have been sent there in the first place.

Your Opinion, fair enough. But would the Indonesians allowed the entry
of
armed foreign nationals? Those police had a function to fulfill and I
don't
think protecting the East Timorese from the Militias was what they
initially had in made.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER