Prev: Re: OT: UN civpol was Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

Re: [DS2] Attacker:Defender Ratios

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Attacker:Defender Ratios

--- Nick Wesson <nick.wesson@rogers.com> wrote:
>     Greetings All
>     In the next few weeks I hope to play my first
> game of DS2.

Congrats!

> with lots of hills and woods, and maybe a bog or
> two.	I've got a total of 50 odd vehicles for each
> side, but I'm hoping to keep the
> scenario as small as possible for 2-4 players.  Can
> anyone suggest the best proportion of attackers to
> defenders?

Probably the attackers don't need much more than a 50%
points advantage.  And that depends on how you spend
'em.  Without prepared defenses or extensive fire
support the defenders aren't going to have that
overwhelming an advantage.  Of course that also
depends heavily on the experience of your players (not
necessarily in DSII but in wargaming/tactics in
general).

John

Prev: Re: OT: UN civpol was Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing