Prev: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER Next: Re: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER

Re: [OT] Wet Navy History, in the news

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:44:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Wet Navy History, in the news

At 3:23 PM -0500 5/29/02, DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>i wonder if the  preservation of wooden vessels in deeper water as
>anything to do with temperature?
>
>too cold  for wood eating organism?

More like there isn't enough oxygen. They've dug up nearly complete
wooden hulls from silty/clay-ey sediment.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER Next: Re: END THIS PLEASE! Re: THE EYES OF A SOLDIER