Prev: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing) Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:50:19 -0700
Subject: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

No,

I just wish that people would consider that there may in fact be
Muslims, French, Poles, Italians, etc. on this list, and they
have a right to be treated with respect. When they are insulted,
degraded and marginalised before their individual personalities
have been considered, we are doing ourselves a disservice. This
is even worse considering that we are talking about science
fiction. There is no need to insult the people that are here now.

I realise that John has some good things to say. Often those
things outweigh the bad things that are said. However, I don't
think that it takes very much effort to frame an argument in
a non-bigoted way.

It has been said that the French don't really have anything to
brag about militarily. Compared to, for example, the mighty
U.S.A, which is unparalleled in it's ability to bomb the crap
out of second rate armies in third world countries. I know that
that comment will likely just set people off. But I would like
to point out that it's basis is from Mr. Atkinson's own remarks.

It is easy to insult people. Does that make it right?

Cheers,
Tony C.

ps. for the record, I like Americans. I have a lot of respect

Prev: [FH] IF, PAU, FSE and ESU (was RE: [OT] Frog Bashing) Next: Re: [OT] Frog Bashing