Prev: [FT] Filling in a Gap Next: RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters

Re: [FT] Filling in a Gap

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:05:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Filling in a Gap

In message <F54BYwbZdtHDFPMnlAW00004fd5@hotmail.com>
	  "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question regarding light craft larger than fighters.  Doing
the
> math, the smallest a ship built using construction rules can be and
still
> have any use in the game is Mass 3, and even it is pretty limited in
use to
> being an anti-fighter craft (1 hull box, 9 thrust [9*3*.05=1.35, round
down
> to 1], PDS), and isn't even atmospheric capable OR FTL cabable - that
> requires at least mass 4.  has anyone come up with rules for using
small
> craft in the mass 1-3 range?	If so, can anyone point me to the best
of
> these rules?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 3B^2

I have been thinking about this for ages - but I have never come up with
a satisfactory set of rules.

What we want is some balanced way of combining ship and fighter
features - my latest idea is to purchase the hull at FB costs, buy ship
features (if required) at FB prices, and by fighter features with a
point cost but no mass requirement.

We may need some kind of fractional MASS system even then :-|

Charles

Prev: [FT] Filling in a Gap Next: RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters