Prev: Re: [FT] Scaling up for RPG play Next: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #1161

Re: Strine Lesson #144 - Nous

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:38:59 +1000
Subject: Re: Strine Lesson #144 - Nous

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> --- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > From the Hellenistic Biblical Greek for "mind".
>
> Oddly enough (or rather, not that oddly), I recognized
> that context (comes of reading too much theology
> lately)

Given your Byzantine theme (pardon the pun) that's
not surprising.

> but dismissed it as a possibility for
> Australian slang.

> Didn't figure Diggers to be that well read.

Good. Our Master Plan to Take Over The World proceeds
on-track then. First, we must get everyone else to underestimate
us.

The only guy to tumble to it appears to be Dr Paul Linebarger.

Prev: Re: [FT] Scaling up for RPG play Next: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #1161