Prev: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler) Next: RE: MURPHY ON ICE

RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:09:22 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Phalon Fighters

G'day,

> Plasma Bolt fighters: these mount a one-shot, miniature version of the
> plasma bolt launcher, either...
> treat these as torpedo fighters, but they only inflict damage
> on a roll of 4 or 5 vs. level 1 screen, or a roll of 4 vs. level 2
screens, they
> have no secondary armament (cost 5 each) or...
> give them a mini plasma bolt, launched as placed
> ordinance, radius 1 mu (.5 mu in vector), damage 1D6. (cost ??? each)
> or... mini PB too small to be noticed in FB scale, but big enough to
> auto-hit - treat fighter as torp fighter, but any die roll
> does damage, level 1 screen negates 6s, level 2 screen negates
> 5+ (cost 6-7 points)

Last one sounds like the easiest to implement (though if the first is
closest to how PBLs are normally effected by screens then go with it...
sorry don't have my FB2 stuff with me to check).

> Vapour Shroud fighters....

I take it you must have enough fighters present to match the size of the
ship before they can successfully shroud it?

Prev: Re: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler) Next: RE: MURPHY ON ICE