Prev: Re: Interesting space games Next: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler)

Re: MURPHY AT WAR

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:05:50 +0100
Subject: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

>> --- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> > curious to read what other ideas are floating about
>> > OUT THERE. . . .

 Well, as a rules mechanism idea, for a recent early-WWII 15mm game
(hey,
everyone needs a hobby.... <GRIN>) using a cobbled-together
not-quite-FMA-based ruleset, we decided to play nasty with artillery and
airsupport: basically, if you succeeded in a test, the mission arrived
where you wanted it. If you failed, but not too badly, you got to shift
the
mission onto some other target of your choice within  a certain radius
of
the original one. If you REALLY stuffed up, then the OPPONENT got to
shift
the mission onto any target of HIS choice within a rather larger
radius....... worked really nicely, especially to the French commander's
glee when the Germans discovered that despite all the bright red
recognition flags on the engine decks of the Panzers, the Stuka pilots
"couldn't find a whorehouse in Hamburg"........  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Interesting space games Next: [OT]Episode II: I knew it! (Minor Spoiler)