Prev: Re: MURPHY ON ICE Next: RE: Big Games

RE: Big Games

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Big Games

On Tue, 21 May 2002 16:25:06 +1000, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote :

> G'day,
>
> > So, any advice for someone wanting to run a large game?
> > Tips, tricks, brilliant ideas?
>
> - limit the number of figs per player to about 3 (if that's too few
zombies
> then just have more appear once a guys 2 or 3 have been killed off)

Well, the plan is to give each player between two and four minis.  The
zombies will be under GM
control, and have the players badly outnumbered.  Just another day in
Zombietown!

> - cheat sheets with the info needed to play on them (weapon stats
usually
> and any other crucial info you don't want to look-up/repeat a zillion
times)

This I have done, up to and including scanned pictures of their minis,
so there is no question of
who is who.  Actual rule cheat sheets, on the other hand, should be
assembled soon.  If nothing
else, I want to make the various activation options (move, combat move,
shoot, transfer actions,
etc.) clear to the players.

> - colour coded dice (yellow D4s, green D6s etc)
>
> they're the things we've found help speed up play most

That's a purchase that I've been forgetting to make.  I'll have to
remedy that one next time
I hit the shop.  It's the little things that matter, innit?

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: MURPHY ON ICE Next: RE: Big Games