Prev: Re: MURPHY AT WAR Next: RE: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

RE: Big Games

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:00:34 -0400
Subject: RE: Big Games

From: John Crimmins johncrim@voicenet.com
>I'm planning on eight, which is about as much as I think my brain can
handle without exploding.

Brain exploding = good special effects.  However, I think you'd find 4-6
would do better.

>no experience with the system. ...I'd like to keep things moving
quickly

FMA specific:
Make up a reference sheet (like the SG2 one).
Color code dice (yellow d4's, blue d8's etc)

General:
Recruit a player to be assistant GM, move the the minions, roll the dice
and resolve attacks, while you provide plot, characterization and
special effects.

Feel free to override the rules in the interest of drama.  Stuart's
CineGrunt games are a good example.  The news crew had the ability to
teleport, for example, so they could interview (ie, interfere with,
irritate and embarass) the other units without bothering to plod across
the board.

All games are role playing games.

Be loud, be enthusiastic, be dramatic.	Be odd.  Would you rather watch
Father Bob, generic priest of a non-specific, vaguely good diety--or
Heruzar, wild-eyed priest of Vulcan, scarred from fires and explosions
and sworn to use no weapon twice in the same battle (which means the
first foe got an exploding horseshoe, the second one got the fire
siphon, third one got the hammer, fourth one got a portable anvil, etc)?

Prev: Re: MURPHY AT WAR Next: RE: Re: MURPHY AT WAR