Prev: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >3 times.
>
> Wow...You aren't in the dog house with your PL and
> PSG now are you?

No, my PL is torqued at my PSG (for a list of reasons,
and I'm a peripheral one) but neither one thinks I did
it deliberately.

Besides which, if they breathed a word to me, I'd drop
dimes.	I'm an asshole when it comes to that.

> Damn. The Grizzly looked like a pretty choice piece
> of hardware for
> executing breaches of obstacles and minefields. I've
> always thought
> the russian and German  armored EV's with the remote
> digging
> equipment were pretty useful.

Yeah, if it all works.	Of course, US troops could
keep those puppies working.  Griz was going to rock,
but since the US Congress is too irresponsible to
appropriate sufficient funds for the Balkan missions,
something had to give, and it's easier politically to
kill an Engineer vehicle than a cannon.

> >Yeah.  It was, until 1996, a seperate MOS (12F) but
> >they got merged as a "cost saving" measure.
>
> If all the needed cross training is getting done
> then it's probably
> not too bad. I'd worry that some of the imporant
> knowledge isn't getting across.

That's a long story full of "Yes, but" issues, but it
works out to this:  Combat Engineers are generally
smart and flexible and far less likely to kill
themselves in the process of learning how to play with
new equipment than some people might imagine.

John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR