Prev: MURPHY AT WAR Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

RE: MURPHY AT WAR

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:41:16 +1000
Subject: RE: MURPHY AT WAR

G'day,

> I  am curious. just how may different things can the list come up with
> that	would be useful for "shit happens!" events during  an operations
> or an acutaul fight  between armed  combatants;

In the process of reading Cryptonomicon (very cool book by Neal
Stephenson)
so the ones that spring to mind are

1) Find gold bars... now do we go for the gold or do we continue as we
are?

2) Must get code papers out of downed U-boat which upon entering you
find is
full of raw sewage

3) Your morphine runs out

4) Despite the unthinkable they've broken your codes

5) Your superiors have you doing something that seems completely
illogical,
but for a very good purpose (e.g. must pretend to have only just
realised
the bad guys are after you and thus wait around for rescue plane rather
than
be safely gone with no risk)

6) Giant lizards are coming to get you...

Cheers

Prev: MURPHY AT WAR Next: Re: MURPHY AT WAR