Prev: KI-72 Planetary System Next: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:36:32 -0400
Subject: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

At 5:56 PM -0700 5/19/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Yup.  Him, his driver, my platoon leader, my platoon
>sergeant.

[snip]

>3 times.

Wow...You aren't in the dog house with your PL and PSG now are you?

>  > >Nope.  First, it was the M728, second it's out of
>>  the
>>  >inventory.  Actually I drive an M60A1 AVLB.
>>
>>  Hmm. Have you played with the new (or is it still
>>  prototype) M1Abrams
>>  based AVLB or Grizzly?
>
>Grizzly is DOA.  Wolverine is only in service with
>588th, but our Batallion Commander swears we are
>getting them in December.  :)

Damn. The Grizzly looked like a pretty choice piece of hardware for
executing breaches of obstacles and minefields. I've always thought
the russian and German	armored EV's with the remote digging
equipment were pretty useful.

>Yeah.	It was, until 1996, a seperate MOS (12F) but
>they got merged as a "cost saving" measure.

If all the needed cross training is getting done then it's probably
not too bad. I'd worry that some of the imporant knowledge isn't
getting across.
Ryan Gill		  rmgill@mindspring.com
	 |	  |

Prev: KI-72 Planetary System Next: FOOD FOR THOUGHT