Prev: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships Next: RE: Hover Tank bumper sticker

Re: [DS2] Questions

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:21:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS2] Questions

Tomb wrote:

>1) Anyone done rules for submersibles? (as in some kind of sub that can
>appear in a coastal scenario and launch missiles/engage with guns)

I'd just cost them higher than a normal boat and allow them to
disappear.
Unless you want to get into FMA naval, I'd just rule that ground combat
vehicles aren't equipped for ASW.

>2) Why can't I design a conventional boat with CFE propulsion? (Or is
>this just a CFE plant payed for as FGP?)

The latter, I believe.	Same as with aircraft.

>3) Anyone done stats for something like a frigate (I've got about a
4-6"
>long model I'd love to use). Strikes me it'd be oversize, but are there
>oversize boat rules?

If not, make 'em.  I'm considering HR's for oversized aerospace to
replace
the rules for interface landers.

>4) Is there a limit to how deep amphibious (as in DS2) vehicles can go?
>Or does this always assume they float?

I dunno.  OO suggests distinguishing between the two.

>6) Would a SLAM or Light Artillery be best to simulate rocket attacks
>from landing craft/bombardment vessels?

I'd go with light arty.

>7) Would there be any point to making a conventional boat also
>amphibious?

Maybe to distinguish between deep hulled boats and flat-bottomed LC?

>8) If landers appear (for airmobile forces) on the board, if you don't
>buy them as vehicles but just pay the premium per ground unit,
>presumably they are invulnerable. If you buy them as vehicles,
>presumably they can fly around and be shot down. Or am I not
>understanding this?

My guess is if you hit them in the air, it's simulated by the DS rules
regarding AA vs dropping units.  If it hits the ground, the ground
forces
are deployed and the lander itself becomes a non-factor.  This is one of
the
reasons for the Oversized Aerospace rules I'm working on.

>9) What's the easiest way to do LCIs and LCTs?

Floating or space?

>10) To get assault boats for your leg infantry, do you just buy an
>amphibious mod?

I think you have to build them as watercraft vehicles for water AB's,
and
pay for interface for your legs for aerospace AB's.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships Next: RE: Hover Tank bumper sticker