Prev: RE: [SG] ESU Spentznaz Next: [OT] Who plays Harpoon, was Re: Fighters

RE: interceptors

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:13:27 +1000
Subject: RE: interceptors

On Tuesday, May 14, 2002 7:31 AM, GBailey@aol.com [SMTP:GBailey@aol.com]
wrote:
> Our group generally agrees, if you're going with fighters take the
> Heavies.  And, they're probably better anti-fighters than
interceptors;
> they have a better chance to effectively engage two squadrons instead
> of 1 (in two rounds).  I've had several interceptor squadrons killed
off
> by the first squadron they attacked.

If you run the odds of Interceptor vs Heavy, it still favours
interceptors.
Heavies kill interceptors at a ratio of 0.8
Interceptors kill Heavies at a ratio of 0.9
Interceptors kill standards at a ratio of 1.1

You get more utility out of Heavies which is why they're preferrable for
general games.

Prev: RE: [SG] ESU Spentznaz Next: [OT] Who plays Harpoon, was Re: Fighters