Prev: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant) Next: RE: interceptors

Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant)

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:46:27 -0400
Subject: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant)

>Not necessarily if you assume the fighters are either
>1)escorting the strike in, or 2)defending the target
>in the first place.  Which is the role I've seen most
>interceptors in in Full Thrust.

Traditionally Interceptors have been either big and fast with lots of
stores or somewhere below that. Their primary tactic wasn't to
dogfight per say, rather to make slashing tactics on the target at
high speed.

This is how the P-38's worked best given their larger size and
additional armament. This is how the F-14's work. Certain smaller
aircraft are just better at the dogfight due to higher
maneuverability.

For me, the ideal interceptor in FT is a Heavy Fast Interceptor. It's
very NAC (In the tradition of the P-38, F-14, F-22, F-15, Super
Sabre, Gladiator, etc) in feel. If anything, just a Heavy Interceptor
at minimum. Of course the F-22 would be a Fast, Heavy, Long Range
Interceptor....lots of $/£.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant) Next: RE: interceptors