Prev: Re: interceptors Next: RE: interceptors

RE: Fighters options please

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:43:17 -0600
Subject: RE: Fighters options please

You then run into the problem when you have mixed fighters attacking -
The attacker wouldn't be able to "shield" his one torpedo squadron with
3 regular fighter groups, since the defender would just fire all his
PDS, mention that the torpedo fighters get killed first, then carry over
to the regular fighters.

Right now, he has to designate one or more PDS to the torpedoes and may
well go for over kill due to the potential damage that they can do, thus
allowing the 3 regulars to get in scott-free. Otherwise, the defender is
splitting his PDS's and may not kill all of the torpedoes.  I think the
current system promotes the use of mixed types of fighters on an attack.

With morale rules - it is possible for a partial squadron not to make it
in, giving some weight to the tactic of spreading your fire out to as
many squadrons as possible and hoping that they fail their morale roll.
So competely destroying entire squadrons reduces the effectiveness of
this tactic.

--Binhan