Prev: Re: [FT] 2 topics: Tournaments and back to fighters Next: RE: Blakes 7 Ship Stats

Re: Blakes 7 Ship Stats

From: steve@p...
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:40:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Blakes 7 Ship Stats

> Does anyone have some stats for the liberator and the federation
> pursuit ships ?

Tricky, as the writers didn't give a damn about consitency or science
and the FX had next to zero budget.

Liberator: Big. Fast, B7 especially the early seasons didn't really
distinguish between FTL and sub-light drives so it's hard to judge
whether the Liberator should have high thrust or not. Force fields of
some type - maybe FT standard Screens, maybe something borrowed from
one of the Trek adaptations. Neutron Blaster - big (B3 or B4) forward
firing beams. Cargo holds. Superior Sensors (especially if Orac's on
board).

Pursuit Ships: Small. Fast. Forward firing plasma bolt weaponry (FT
pulse torp or small Phalon plasma bolt?).

Do you have the B7 Tech Manual produced by the Blake's 7 Appreciation
Society? http://www.horizon.org.uk/
I'll have a look through mine tonight and see if I can come up with
some stats.

> Also does anyone know of a source of miniatures ?

The old Corgi die-cast Liberators must be worth a fortune by now.
Mine got rather battered and, um, chewed. :-(

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Prev: Re: [FT] 2 topics: Tournaments and back to fighters Next: RE: Blakes 7 Ship Stats