Prev: Re: Kitbashing a BDN Next: Re: [FT] back to fighters

Re: BEAD SHIPS PROGRESSING

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:16:41 -0400
Subject: Re: BEAD SHIPS PROGRESSING

> What I need to know is the brand/ name of the paint someone
suggested
> that was to make visors glitter (?) so I can make some of the clear
> plastic bead ships more translucent (and cover up some of the glue
runs.)
>  I'd like to see if it would work to make the clear bead ships
more...
> space ship looking.
>
> Gracias,
> Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com

Albert Cho's pics on stargrunt.ca:
"The NI face plates were first painted silver and then coated with
Tamiya
Clear Acrylic (I mixed clear blue and clear yellow, but I'm sure
Tamiya has
a clear green).  The dark green settles into the recesses and the
silver
shines through just enough near the middle.  The effect looks a bit
better
on the actual models IMHO.  For the NAC Power Armor I painted the face
plates with gold and then covered them with Tamiya clear shadow. These
clear
paints are great for gemstones as well.  A warning though:  these
paints are
relatively thick and sticky.  I wouldn't recommend using your nicer
brushes.""

For "glitter" paint, you're probably thinking of Delta Ceramcoat,

Prev: Re: Kitbashing a BDN Next: Re: [FT] back to fighters