Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter combat Next: Kitbashing a BDN

RE: Brian's fighter idea

From: "Alfie Finch" <alfie.finch@b...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 13:50:03 +0100
Subject: RE: Brian's fighter idea

I suppose that's to simulate the last ditch attempt to bring
down incoming fighters on their attack run, although it is a
pain when your opponent loiters in your formation until all his
groups arrive and you can't do a damn thing about it if you have
no fighters of your own. PDS or at least ADFC/PDS combos should
be able to stick some barrages up to deter the fighters from
getting close.

We experimented in our group with allowing ADFC-equipped units
to fire on groups within 6 MU whether they were attacking or not
which has the effect of changing the fighter tactics a little in
that they need to stand off from ADFC until they're ready to

Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter combat Next: Kitbashing a BDN