Prev: Re: Wir sind drin ! Wargaming Homepage im Netz Next: Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?

Re: [FT] back to fighters

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:44:56 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] back to fighters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
> As for the PDS rule, has anyone thought about the suggestion I made
earlier
> today?  Instead of allowing PDS multiple attacks per turn, alter WHAT
they
> can attack.  I don't know how different from the suggestion to give
range
> PDS it really is.  The tiered idea I had was:
>
> A) Beam 1's can only fire on fighters directly attacking theie ship.
> B) PDS May fire on attacking fighters OR any fighter passing within a
given
> range of said ship (somewhere in the 3-6" range).
> C) ADFC May fire as per normal rules, since the PDS linked to the ADFC
would
> fall under subrule B.

A twist on this, mainly to still give ADFC a PSB-sensible role:

PDS: can shoot at any fighters in range EXCEPT those attacking other
ships
or involved in a dogfight.
PSB: given the limited AI of PDS systems the risk of doing damage to the
other ships/fighters is too high

ADFC: allow to shoot at all fighters within range, even those attacking
other ships or in a dogfight.
PSB: ADFC include the neccessary comm links and precision fire control
systems.

BTW:
While I don't like the idea that only a limited number of fighters can
attack in a game turn (poor PSB), the suggested variant that fighters
must
attack ships in waves of 6 (?) squadrons is quite attractive. PDS
wouldn't
be able to shoot at more than one squadron per wave, but could shoot
again
at the next wave. Any number of waves can attack in a turn.
PSB would be that it's hard to coordinate large numbers of fighters and
that
the PDS would have time to reload/reacquire targets between the incoming
waves.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Wir sind drin ! Wargaming Homepage im Netz Next: Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?