Prev: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: Re: [SG] Squidly things

Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:43:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

--- Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com> wrote:

> Okay, I can begin to see that rationale for it.  The
> TbC still wouldn't be
> that effective against a real warship with a more
> concentrated weapons mix
> though.

It is the classic battlecruiser concept, able to
outrun anything that can hurt it and able to destroy
anything that can catch it.

I can agree that in a 'one of' game this design is
not the best, but in a planned series/campaign
based stratigic game, it would be a royal pain
by absorbing an astounding amount of time and
ships to hunt it down and kill it.

Bye for now,
John L.

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: Re: [SG] Squidly things