Prev: RE: Re: Fighters options please Next: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

RE: Fighters options please

From: "Alfie Finch" <alfie.finch@b...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:33:00 +0100
Subject: RE: Fighters options please

7. Allow PDS to engage all attacking fighter groups within 1 arc

I've tested this now and it doesn't emasculate fighters nor
overpower PDS as (1) does nor does it require a major change to
the rules in terms of points which would invalidate FB1 ships.
It does have adverse effects on max range missile salvoes though
so might be better only be limited to fighters.

With good players on both sides more emphasis ends up on
placement, both for the fighter groups to position themselves to
spread the PDS fire and for the defender to get advantageous
ADFC postioning in their fleet formation.