Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: Fighters options please

Re: fighters

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:40:34 EDT
Subject: Re: fighters

>What fact is in dispute here?	If you've got 30 fighter groups and I've
got
>20 PDS, my verbal response to discovering this is going to be "Oh holy
>@#$@#$!%!"... if you've got 30 fighter groups and I've got 100
scatterguns,
>my response is going to be "Pull!"

Why do you go from 20 PDS to 100 scatterguns?  Shouldn't that be
20 scatterguns?  Even if you were comparing lethality of the two
anti-fighter defenses, it's more like 16:70 (.8x20:3.5*20) or 1:4.4.

How about this idea for multiple fighter-group attacks:

Apply a DM to each fighter group attacking a target:
1-2 groups: +1
3-4 groups: +0
5-6 groups: -1
7+ groups: -2
(a 6 remains a 6)

The breaks could be for every 3 groups instead of 2, depending
on balance.

Alternatively/additionally, fighter groups can attack in waves, but
undamaged defenses get to fire upon each wave.
So you could have 6 groups attacking a ship, 2 at a time so they
get a +1, but the defenses get to fire at each wave.

PSB?   Less confusion and chance of running into each other.
Not all groups actually arrive on target at the same exact second.

joining this "furball" thread... :)

Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: Fighters options please