Prev: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: Re: Fighters options please

Re: Fighters options please

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 16:30:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters options please

> >Not to be a wet blanket, but the few squadrons on a BDN or SDN or
worth
> >even less with this rule.
>
> Don't be so sure.  BDN's and SDN's will be closer in with the enemy
than
> CV's will.  That means their fighters will be launching from shorter
> distances.  Therefore, under this rule, they would take less time
> to return,
> rearm, and get back out there.  If they're used as defense,
> they'll tangle
> with attacking fighters and slow down THEIR rearm rate.  It seems like
it
> makes them MORE effective.

But what about the rule that the 'carrier' (the BDN/SDN in this case)
can
not use thrust when launching or recovering fighters?  I don't think it
has
been removed but no rulebooks handy at the moment.

If these big ships which are usually slow to maneuver in the first place
are
prohibited from using thrust while in the thick of battle to recover a
fighter group or two, I'd rather get my weapons in arc of the enemy and
forget about the fighters.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: Re: Fighters options please