Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

RE: Re: Fighters options please

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 13:37:06 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: Fighters options please

laserlight

>Rather than just say "only one attack" perhaps "attacking a ship costs
>CEF"--let's say 3 for the sake of plucking a number out of the air.

Makes sense, and can be PSB'ed as "CEF is the amount of ordnance/power
available to the fighter, and the extra umph needed to hurt a cap ship
drains it of that at a greater rate than normal dogfight combat does."

>Add this to the "fighters burn a CEF every turn

Don't know if I'd burn CEF every turn, just 1/combat turn as per current

rules, plus 2 extra for attacks on ships.

>If carriers are close, fighters can go rearm but the carrier is at
risk.
>If carriers are distant, you're not going to lose many ships to swarms
>because they can't just keep working their way around your fleet.

That's what I had in mind.....

>This avoids PSB problems  with "PDS attack everyone" and "only a
limited
>numbert of fighters can fit in a 6000km radius globe in 15 minutes" and

>will allow tactics eg interceptors can force incoming strikes to burn
some
>of their CEF; fighters may have to chose to hit a minor target just
because
>it's close enough and nothing else is.  Good, good, good.

Glad you like.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)