Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: Fighters options please

Re: Fighters

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:24:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
> So Class 2's, 3's and 4's will get to engage fighters as well??

Non-evading fighters, yes. It's a decent spin on the "CEF every turn"
idea, though it won't prevent a one-turn fighter swarm, and in fact
might simply make more people opt for Torp fighters instead of other
kinds.

> Tell
> you lads what, why don't we just ditch fighters and carriers all
> together? Would that be better?

Adding beam vulnerability some of the time is far from crippling to
fighter groups.

> All of the methods you folks are proposing would emasculate carriers.
> Why have carriers?

Hardly. The fix I like best (reduced strength PDS that can fire at
multiple fighter groups) takes the teeth out of massed fighter groups,
but leaves one or two groups as reasonable forces.

Prev: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: Re: Fighters options please