Prev: [FT] & [list] Question Next: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

Fighters and Gate Gaurds

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:20:03 -0400
Subject: Fighters and Gate Gaurds

Fighters:
Nice idea Randy. Only one question: How do you differentiate "evading"
from "coasting" fighters? Chit? Counter? Small half-ring for the base
post? I may actually try this one out. What weapons would you allow
engagement from? I'd be tempted to say beams and torps. Maybe Subpaks
too (these seem like viable anti-fighter weapons). Thought I'd say each
of them could only kill either on six or limit kills to 1 fighter per
weapon.

Guards:
Story I can't verify: SAS training excercise in Wales near <some point
of interest>. SAS saboteurs to sneak in. Local Welsh force to be
security. Plan (typical result) is SAS sneaking in and embarassing local
unit. Not this time. SAS had arranged RV at local pub, trickling in a
few at a time. Smart local commander had warned all locals in small town
who were in on it. They watched for 'strange folk' and quietly phoned
the local cmdr. By the next day, he'd put the bag on the entire SAS
force without firing a simulated shot. Home court advantage.

Marines:
In the story someone mentioned, how did the sailor grab the Marine's
pistol? That might have been what got them kicked off gaurd duty. Weapon
retention is a rather key element for gaurds and law enforcement people.

Prev: [FT] & [list] Question Next: Re: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)