Prev: RE: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

Re: [OT] Explosives question

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 01:28:16 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Explosives question

wrote:
> > Beth Fulton wrote:
> >
> > >Was watching some US Marines (either that or they were sailors in
camo...
> > >which I doubted would be right)
> >
> > Could have been Marines - many US capital ships, all carriers AFAIK,
have a
> >  MarDet (Marine Detatchment).  But there ARE sailors whoe wear Camo
or
> > more  "Army-looking" uniforms, notably EOD, SEALs, and SeaBees.
>
>Did they put Marines back as security?  Shortly after I got out in
>'89 they pulled all Marines off of shipboard and Naval base security.
>

>Roger Books

This time yes, local news footage showed marines walking around the
flight
deck, one armed with a M-14 rifle. There's was also a Seahawk Helicopter

flying around the carrier as it sailed up the river, this activity was a

typical when compared to previous visits. As Beth said even though you
can't turn around without bumping into a sailor (or marine) loaded down
with booty from the local shops, this time there is a definite lack of
enjoyment. Even the dedicated protest movement has been rather muted as
well.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: RE: Re: [OT] Explosives question Next: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters