Prev: Re: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....)

Re: Re: Fighters

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 23:47:23 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Fighters

On  7-May-02 at 22:56, Brian Burger (yh728@victoria.tc.ca) wrote:

> It makes for the most boring, irritating games of FT it's possible to
> play. My favourite games have always had either minimal fighters (10
or
> less squadrons) or none of the damn things at all. That allows for
actual
> maneuver, tactics, and things like that. (Imagine - a game where space
> devoted to Thrust isn't "wasted"!)

Here's a "house rule" fix.  Play in centimeters and require 1 inch bases
on the fighters.

Oh, high speed affects fighters exactly like SMs.  If you can't
put your fighters within 12" of me they can't hit me.  If your
opponent insists on soap bubbles insist on playing cm with a
starting velocity of 30 and a floating table.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....)