Prev: [DS] An eBay Auction to make me weep Next: Re: Fighters

Re: Sorry I Ever Mentioned Fighters

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:31:52 +0200
Subject: Re: Sorry I Ever Mentioned Fighters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>

I'm not that experienced in FT either, but...

> While I'm still unconvinced, I do see some validity, especially in
recent
> examples, to the arguement that they are overpowered.  The most
convincing
> examples, however, were against individual sjhips with their PDS.  I'm
> curious as to how adding a fleet configuration with ADFC changes this.

I don't think an ADFC squadron would really help. Compare a squadron of
ships with PDS and ADFC with a single massive ship packing the same
number
of PDS. The squadron can lose weaponry and ships much more easily to
piecemeal threshold checks. And given the maneuver advantage of fghters,
don't think that tactics would help the squadron.

Greetings

Prev: [DS] An eBay Auction to make me weep Next: Re: Fighters