Prev: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters

FT: Sorry I Ever Mentioned Fighters

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 08:53:03 -0700
Subject: FT: Sorry I Ever Mentioned Fighters

Ok, since it was my question(s) that started this whole firestorm, and
since
the participants in the debate are far beyond my rookie understanding of
the
game, I'm going to draw a couple conclusions and then WITHdraw from the
debate.

First of all, I never assumed to have the authority to state
categorically
that fighters are/are not overpowered.	My only concern was that if they

are, it should be proven as a general truth, not merely as a quirk of
design
that makes FB1 ships vulnerable to them.  If they ARE, then fine, change
the
rules to fix that some.  If not, leave well enough alone.

While I'm still unconvinced, I do see some validity, especially in
recent
examples, to the arguement that they are overpowered.  The most
convincing
examples, however, were against individual sjhips with their PDS.  I'm
curious as to how adding a fleet configuration with ADFC changes this.

IF it's proven	to me that fighters ARE overpowered, then the increased
capability of allowing PDS to fire on ALL fighters in range seems to
make
sense and seems to cover the alleged inconsistency in fighter damage to
points.

Of course, I'm sure both sides will disagree with me now. ;-)

3B^2

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters